Recreation around Schloss THALHEIM
Your historical hotel in the recreational paradise of the Mostviertel region in Lower Austria
Recreation is a valuable but often scarce commodity. You therefore deserve to spend you freetime in a way that totally suits your taste.
As a guest at Schloss THALHEIM hotel you have a lot of possibilities when it comes to your leisure programme. Situated in the geographical centre of Lower Austria in the heart of the Mostviertel region as well as close to the Danube and Wachau region there are more than enough leisure activities for your recreation during your stay at our hotel. Regardless of whether you want to devote yourself to your preferred sport, are looking forward to long cycling tours or hikes surrounded by nature or are interested in the region's extensive culture on offer and its culinary merits – the range of possible leisure activities starts just behind the Schloss THALHEIM gardens or can be reached by car easily. There is nothing standing in the way of whichever recreational activity you prefer, when spending time as a guest at the Schloss THALHEIM hotel.
Day trips and sports opportunities to suit every taste
Enjoy an active holiday in the gentle hills of the alpine foothills in Lower Austria and be spoilt by all the comforts of a holiday at the Schloss THALHEIM hotel at the same time. Or discover the cultural highlights and culinary delicacies of the Mostviertel and Wachau region. Not far from the Schloss THALHEIM hotel, whose gardens invite you to stroll around, you can find the following options to spend your free time and holiday near Vienna:
- Schloss Thalheim Classic - Enjoy the most beautiful concerts, operas, operettas and many more in our dreamlike event rooms all year round. Tickets and more information can be found at: www.schlossthalheimclassic.at
- Golf – Stunning golf clubs and country clubs, some on historical grounds, await beginners and experienced golfers for a relaxing round.
- Horse riding – Regional Mostviertel riding stables and farms invite you to explore the surrounding area on horseback in your free time. Very fitting for a luxurious holiday at a historical hotel, don't you think?
- Tennis – First of all a long breakfast at the Am Schlossgarten restaurant then off for a sophisticated match at one of the tennis clubs around Schloss THALHEIM - this combination just makes sense.
- Wine – The region around Schloss THALHEIM is particularly well-known for its superb white wines – especially the Grüner Veltliner and Riesling, which we offer at our restaurants as well.
- Heuriger – Experience authentic Austrian cosiness and a very special atmosphere when you visit a Heuriger wine tavern in the area around Schloss THALHEIM.
- Cycling – The Danube cycle path and connecting tours are ideal for your sporty day trip through the Mostviertel region's nature and culture. Lower Austria even has two mountain bike routes up its sleeve for you.
- Hiking & strolling – There are almost no limits to your hiking fun when you start out well rested from the Schloss THALHEIM hotel. Or stop here for coffee and cake on your way.
By submitting a non-binding enquiry your unforgettable holiday at Schloss THALHEIM will start soon. We are looking forward to your visit.