Recreation around Schloss THALHEIM
Your historical hotel in the recreational paradise of the Mostviertel region in Lower Austria
Recreation is a valuable but unfortunately often scarce commodity nowadays. You therefore deserve all the more for your free time to totally suit your taste and to be able to do exactly what you most enjoy.
As a guest at Schloss THALHEIM hotel you don't have to worry at all as far as your recreational programme is concerned. Situated in the geographical centre of Lower Austria in the heart of the Mostviertel region as well as close to the Danube and Wachau region there are more than enough leisure activities for your recreation during your stay as a guest at our hotel. Regardless of whether you want to devote yourself to your preferred sport, are looking forward to long cycling tours or hikes surrounded by nature or are interested in the region's extensive culture on offer and its culinary merits – the range of possible leisure activities starts just behind the Schloss THALHEIM gardens or can be reached by car within a comfortable driving distance. As a result it is guaranteed that there is nothing standing in the way of whichever recreational activity you choose, whenever you spend time as a guest at the Schloss THALHEIM hotel.
Day trips and sports opportunities to suit every taste
Enjoy an active holiday in the gentle hills of the alpine foothills in Lower Austria and be spoilt by all the comforts of a holiday at the Schloss THALHEIM hotel at the same time. Or discover the cultural historical highlights and dining on offer in the Mostviertel and Wachau regions. And arrange your free time just how you want it to be. At a comfortable distance to our luxury hotel, whose gardens invite you to stroll around, you can find the following options to arrange your free time and holiday near Vienna:
- Golf – Stunning golf clubs and country clubs, some on historical grounds, await beginners and experienced golfers for a relaxing round. It seems obvious to play this on a Park Course.
- Horse riding – Regional Mostviertel riding stables and farms invite you to explore the surrounding area on horseback in your free time. And that is incredibly fitting for an indulgent holiday at a historical hotel.
- Tennis – First of all a long breakfast at the Am Schlossgarten restaurant then off for a sophisticated match at one of the tennis clubs around Schloss THALHEIM. This combination is also really classic.
- Wine – The region around Schloss THALHEIM is particularly well-known for its superb white wines – especially the Grüner Veltliner and Riesling, which we naturally offer at our restaurants too.
- Heuriger – Experience authentic Austrian cosiness and a very special atmosphere when you visit a Heuriger wine tavern in the area around Schloss THALHEIM.
- Cycling – The Danube cycle path and connecting tours are ideal for your sporty day trip through the Mostviertel region's nature and culture. Lower Austria even has two mountain bike routes up its sleeve for you.
- Hiking & strolling – There are almost no limits to your hiking fun when you start out well rested from the Schloss THALHEIM hotel. Or stop here for coffee and cake on your way.